Monday, March 23, 2009

Morning Walk





We have crocuses and early daffodils blooming and I decided to paint winter today. Go figure; usually I want to anticipate a season. I needed to do something entirely different after all my versions of Nonna, so I got out my pastels and printed a photo I'd taken one snowy morning this winter while I was walking the dogs. I love my new iPhone, with its included camera! Before I put on pastels, I did an underpainting on the Wallis, sanded paper with liquid watercolors. I love the way underpaintings sneak a bit of themselves through the pastel and enliven the final painting.

3 comments:

Doris said...

Lovely contrasts in values and color!

Vicki Greene said...

Beautiful. Your work makes me want to give pastels a try.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful snowscape Jane, Kathy