Monday, September 3, 2007

The Stump


We spent a couple of days this weekend with our friends Cheryl and Paul in their new (second) home on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay (west of Cecilton, Doris). This is the view from next to their house overlooking the water, which is a lake made by damming the creek with bay dredging goop. Cheryl, Paul and I canoed to the dam and walked from there to the shore of the bay and I made this little sketch. Otherwise, we spent our time visiting and eating. It was beautiful weather and we spent most of our time on their deck.

It's done with brown, ultra-fine Sharpie permanent marker and a wc wash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a longtime lurker from Watercolor Workshop and visited your blog for the first time today - I just love your work. I enjoy doing pen and watercolor work, too. The sailboat collages are awesome!

Debbie in northeast Texas