Wednesday, October 21, 2009

color wheel


I've been asked to teach a watercolor class in the winter term at our local art center. I'm a bit adamant about learning to mix colors, maybe because I don't want to spend the money on heaps of tubes of different colors. So yesterday I worked on creating a color wheel using only three colors: rose, cobalt blue and yellow. I used the complementary color (the color opposite on the color wheel) for the shadows on and of the balls. I may do this again, varying the red, blue and yellow, to see which combination I like best.

1 comment:

CHummelKornell said...

Jane,

Love this method of color wheel. My old (purchased) one just met with a fatal blow when I spilled solvent on it. The wheel no longer turns. So, this is very timely for me...I will paint one today. Thanks.