Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Woodland Stream


After that mixed media workshop, I found myself looking at photos this morning with a much more keen eye for composition. I printed out a bunch about 1 1/2" x 2" so I would not be seduced by the details. I could feel that my touch with the pastels was different today, maybe lighter, putting them down more transparently. As a challenge, I kept my green pastels out of sight and mixed the greens with various blues and yellows. Right now, having just finished this, I'm really pleased with it. We'll see how it ages.

2 comments:

CHummelKornell said...

Beautiful depth in your water. Love the colors. Great job!

BALLET NEWS said...

Just wanted to stop by to say how much I enjoyed reading this post & to say hello. You have a great blog and really interesting photo's too. Best wishes and thank you for sharing...