Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Jamaica IV







Also at Jake's was this chiminea (is that how it's spelled?) and nearby a table with a teal tablecloth which contrasted beautifully with the clay of the chiminea. I did a bit of rearranging of the elements of this painting when I sketched it, and pretended that the sea was behind it. Later in the week when were assigned to make a painting from something in our sketchbooks, I painted this. You'll notice that I added another pot from my sketchbook because I thought it would improve the composition. I painted the orange house with the blue one behind it, too, from the sketch I made at Jake's.

BTW, we discovered that Jake's had a lime mousse which was like the filling of key lime pie without the crust. Delicious! We liked the pina coladas at the bar (outdoors), too.

No comments: