Thursday, October 18, 2007

More Pastel



I did this waterfall mostly from my head with only a little from a teeny part of a photo I'd taken in Scotland. The water view is from the top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park in Maine. I can see that the horizon in this one isn't straight. I was working to paint recognizable rocks with light on them in both paintings. They're different kinds of rocks and I'm especially pleased that I managed to get the roughness of the cliff rocks. Both paintings are better viewed from some distance and are brighter if you click for a bigger version. Critiques?

3 comments:

Doris Glovier said...

Jane, you are so right about more clarity when you view the larger versions. These are just beautiful! I am amazed that you can do two paintings in one day!

RH Carpenter said...

Jane, both of these are delicous! I really enjoy your pastel works - they are not that different from your watercolors but the stronger marks made by the pastels make it more energetic, I think. All of these are well done :)

Michelle Himes said...

I love the one of Cadillac Mountain! Your pastels are wonderful!