Thursday, July 5, 2007

Tuscan Fantasy



I decided to do a landscape today in the same manner as I did the rose a couple of days ago: painting each section individually, using a lot of different colors to achieve my intended color. When I experiment with a technique, I sometimes paint pears; this time I painted a "generic" Tuscan landscape which lives in my head. I even did a color sketch before I began. Unfortunately, I didn't follow my sketch closely enough and I ended up with hills in the final painting that are much too round and steep, partly because the proportions of my sketch don't match the size of a quarter-sheet of paper. Oh well, it was all a fantasy anyway and I'm pleased with the colors and the paint application even though the drawing leaves something to be desired.

No comments: