Monday, February 5, 2007

Glascow Skyscraper


Today was the first day of a three-day, mixed media workshop taught by Nancy Barch, the artist with whom we've studied for the last 6-8 years. The group is small, 7 people, and all are women I've painted with before, some regularly. Nancy does wonderful abstracted and non-representational work (take a look at http://www.nancybarch.com/) and her classes are always fun and productive. Anyway, this painting is what I did today. It has mostly watercolor. Then I used a bit of collage, some pastel, some white gesso and some acrylic paint. The whole process is very intuitive. Glascow is the only Scottish city I've seen, and since it has an interesting mix of old buildings and modern skyscrapers, the title of the work came easily.

1 comment:

ZanBarrage said...

I really like how you abstracted this scene. Lovely colours and wonderful shapes. It works very well.